Monday, March 24, 2014

Sesame Green Beans

Not everyone like vegetables. I'm here to say those people probably love off canned ones. Or really bad produce. Good veggies cooked right are awesome. And Sesame Green Beans are one of those that are 5 star. Simple, easy, tasty and a stable of most asian buffets for good reason. I got lucky because Costco started carrying bags of prewashed and stemmed fresh green beans. As soon as I saw them, I knew I'd be recipe hunting. And now that I'm posting this I wish I had snapped a picture.

Now, there are plenty of variations of this recipe out there, so feel free to shop. I simply made sure the one I picked had sesame oil in it, as not all of them do. But I was very happy with the results. The only change I'd make is possibly skipping the sesame seeds. They don't do anything for me and create a mess.

Japanese Style Sesame Green Beans

Now, I didn't just make green beans and eat them for days. I also made some Mandarin Chicken. It came out "okay" As in, I ate it all but I'll never make it again and I'm not linking it. There was no orange taste to it though everything was cooked nicely. I'll probably look for another recipe some other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment