Monday, March 24, 2014

Butternut Squash and Turkey

I admit, I've been waffling about posting this one. I made it and it still sounds weird to me. But, well, I wanted to cook something with butternut squash a couple weeks ago. So I popped open Allrecipes.com and plugged it in. The first recipe that pops up also uses ground turkey. And I have packets of that from Costco in the fridge. But, it was in the form of an Autumn Chili.

Yikes?

No Really, Turkey chili with Butternut Squash

So I figured what the hell, I'll try it. And it wasn't half bad. It was pretty filling. But I'll admit, I felt like it needed something. I had some leftover Sour Cream and I'd put a little bit on it. It helped. I think if I made this again I'd be tempted to switch out some of the Chicken Broth for milk  or some such. Basically, I just want to treat it like a stew instead of chili. Somehow, thinking of it as chili bothers me. Snobby? Maybe. But it does!


I'm going to go ahead and give it 4 stars though. While it wasn't something I'd take to a potluck, I'm pretty sure browsing the comments section on allrecipes would give me some good ideas to improve it to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment